Interpretation of I/O data

From: FITZPATRICK John <John.Fitzpatrick@ln.cit.alcatel.fr>
Date: Wed Dec 13 1995 - 07:44:27 PST

Hello,

(I'm rather new to IBIS, so if these topic has been covered, please
point me in the right direction!)

I've been reading up on IBIS, but certain aspects are not clear to
me yet. I would be grateful if someone could help me on the
following points:

1) Input characteristics:

   Is it correct to assume that if I fix the values of Power and Ground
   clamp references, the full input VI characteristic can be obtained by
   adding together the [Power clamp] and [GND clamp] tables, and that
   this will include the effects of internal pull-up and pull-down
   resistors, bus-hold circuits, FAST-type input current, etc ?

2) [Power clamp] when Vcc=0:

   Is it safe to use the [Power clamp] data, with Vcc=0, to
   deduce the presence/abscence of a real clamping diode? (Very useful
   information in designs with multiple power supplies!)

3) Hysterises

   Am I correct to conclude that in version 2.1, there is no way
   of knowing if an input has hysteresis? (If so, are there any plans
   to include this information. Perhaps with a "Vh" attribute to the
   [Model] keyword to indicate the minimum hysterises value?)

4) Input transition time

   Am I correct to conclude that in version 2.1, there is no way
   of finding out the maximum transition time allowed for a
   signal applied to an input? (If so, are there any plans
   to include this information. Perhaps with "Tinr","Tinf" attributes
   to the [Model] keyword?)

Thanks in advance,

John

--
John Fitzpatrick   <John.Fitzpatrick@ln.cit.alcatel.fr>
Alcatel CIT, 4 rue de Broglie, 22304 Lannion, France