Re: HSPICE diode modeling for IBIS

From: D.C. Sessions <dc.sessions@tempe.vlsi.com>
Date: Tue Nov 05 1996 - 09:40:35 PST

Cornelia Foss wrote:

> Arpad,
>
> thank you for your response regarding diode resistance models.
>
> Modeling the diode resistance characteristics with an discrete resistor
> as you proposed is surely possible - but it equals to modeling with an
> external diode in efford.
> Unfortunately(??) I'm working at the silicon vendor's side, so I can't
> simply take the finished HSPICE files and rely on it.
> That is why I would like very much to find a "good" solution for the
> diode modeling problem.
>
> It absolutely was the best if one could model the diode within the ACM
> HSPICE model and so I examined possible solutions in HSPICE and came across
> some effects perhaps worth keeping in mind.

For what it's worth, we've approached this by creating accurate models
for source/drain to bulk diodes and then having a script rewrite the
SPICE deck to replace transistors with a parameterized subcircuit that
contains the transistor and the two parasitic diodes.

--
D. C. Sessions
dc.sessions@tempe.vlsi.com