Help, need feedback:

From: Scott Schlachter <scotts@actel.com>
Date: Thu Nov 07 1996 - 11:18:38 PST

Hello IBIS world,

I sent this message out last Tuesday to both IBIS reflectors, as well as
all of the contacts at North Carolina State University, and have still
recieved no response from anyone. I believe there is a serious problem
with the s2ibis program algorythm, where they appear to fudge SPICE
results in order to have (more proper looking?) waveforms. I believe that
they may have done this as a improper work-around for the reason that SPICE
does not seem to properly model the inherent CMOS diodes correctly. They
extrapolate data for the pull-down and pull-up curves, instead of
calculating it from the full range of I/V data that SPICE produces.
I am not trying to repremand NCSU for this, as in all
other respects this seems to be an excellent tool for producing IBIS V1.1
files from SPICE. I am still questioning if I am interpreting this
correctly, and I really need some feedback from the IBIS community on this.

As the ANSI/EIA-656 homepage endorses the use of s2ibis, and it seems
that it may very well be a commonly used tool for producing IBIS files,
I would think that this might have caught SOMEBODY'S attention...