Re: R_Pad?

From: Scott Schlachter <scotts@actel.com>
Date: Tue Oct 29 1996 - 17:48:51 PST

Dileep and Arpad:

HSPICE will model the inherent CMOS diodes (D to Bulk) within the transistor
model. From what I can tell, there seems to be a fallback to this specification
of the model: the diode saturation current equations do not appear to have
any way to include any parasitic resistance whatsoever. I believe that you both
have valid points here. HSPICE can model the diode correctly, but it seems
that the only way is to extract it from the said transistors, and model it
seperately - a definate unexpected extra step. When modeled this way, there
is no problem assigning the appropriate parasitic impedances associated with
the diodes. However, in trying to keep the power and ground clamp diodes as
being inherently modeled within the pull-up and pull-down transistors, there
seems to be a flaw with the HSPICE model. Perhaps there is something that I'm
overlooking with this, and if anyone knows how to deal with this in the
HSPICE transistor models, please respond. Thanks,
-Scott Schlachter
 Actel Corporation