Open_drain and s2ibis(v1.3)

From: Syed Huq <huq@rockie.nsc.com>
Date: Thu Oct 31 1996 - 15:57:56 PST

Hi,

I have been having some problems getting an Open_drain to work with
the s2ibis(Rev1.3). So I decided to check out the FAQ on NCSU website
and found the following
QUESTION (7): "I'm having trouble getting s2ibis to deal with my open-drain
               I/O pin!?!"

ANSWER:
       This is a problem with the IBIS v1.1 spec. IBIS v1.1 sees open-drain
       pins as output only. You need to go to a newer IBIS version.
My ouput is an I/O Open Drain. Since v1.1 does not support that, I tried to
model that as Open_drain only.

Has anyone run into this type of problems ? I think I can make it work by
manually editing the .spi file.

Just wanted to know if anyone has a better work around ?

Regards
Syed
National Semiconductor Corp.