Re: hspice behavioral model from ibis 2.1

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue Dec 23 1997 - 11:38:56 PST

Hello Jeremy:

    At one time Metasoft (now Avant!) did have a product called Meta I/O that
would translate IBIS 1.1 and (a subset of) 2.1 models to HSPICE behavioral
models,
but they discontinuted support a while ago :( . I don't know of any other
comercially available IBIS to SPICE products. My suggestion would be to
contact
Avant! directly (and any other SPICE vendors you care to) and make your needs
known.

     As an aside, this subject (IBIS to SPICE converter) has been discussed a
number of times on the IBIS reflector. There is, I think, a demonstrated need
for such a tool. It's too bad the SPICE vendors have (so far) not been
willing
to step up to the task -- I think they are missing a real opportunity to help
the
SI community do it's job, as well as promote there own products. Oh well...if
we keep posting they perhaps they will see the light. 'nuff said.

As usual, the opinions the expresed here are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer.

                  Best Regards,
                  Stephen Peters
                  Intel Corp.