RE: SPICE Convergence Tricks - Consequences?

From: Mellitz, Richard <mellitz@xgate.columbiasc.ncr.com>
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 04:44:14 PDT

FWIW: The following HSpice options is where I start from.

.options interp reltol=0.0001 post=2 probe ingold=2 vntol=0.1u
+ lvltim=1 chgtol=0.01f brief nomod notop noelck nolist

As colleague of say "Its sort of like 'sour dough starter'"

Nothing seems to work "every time" for me. I usually have to twiddle
around based on the what was done at the transistor level models. The
toughest ones are the "sanitized spice" models. Many just do not work
accurately at DC.

... Rich Mellitz, NCR Corp