Re: examples needed for IBIS V3.1

From: Andy Ingraham <ingraham@wrksys.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 13:58:32 PDT

D. C. Sessions wrote:

> Just to be contrary, I'd think that it is better to have
> several VERY simple examples rather than one complex one
> where the (terrified) user has a hard time finding what
> she needs.

I whole-heartedly agree!

We already have example fragments with all the keywords and
many of the optional parameters, right in the IBIS spec
document itself. What we need are plain and simple examples
with only what's needed to get started. All the extra
keywords and parameters come with experience and fine-tuning.

There is/was an example file with the version 1.0 spec.
In fact I think it's still there. Try this URL:
ftp://ftp.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/ver1.0/n74f244n.ibs

Some of the models in the ibis/models/ directory also might
be worth using. Unfortunately, that directory seems to have
fallen into disrepair these days....

Regards,
Andy Ingraham