Re: IBIS component generation, PECL differential inputs, analog I/O pins, Vmeas, Cref, Rref, Vref

From: Syed Huq <huq@rockie.nsc.com>
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 15:53:24 PDT

Hi Roland,

I can share with you my experience regarding your first question.
I have developed IBIS models from HSPICE using the s2ibis2 and I
did exactly what you described. With this approach of translating
individual 'types' of pins, you can solve problems easily if
they occur. But, as you pointed out, you do have to put all
the individually run models back into 'ONE' entire IBIS model.
The parser test will help you debug if any manual errors were
introduced during the cut and paste.

I believe the Vmeas, Cref, Rref, Vref are for timing information
for the simulator only.

Regards,
Syed
National Semiconductor Corp.