RE: IBIS component generation, PECL differential inputs, analog I/O pins, Vmeas, Cref, Rref, Vref

From: Andy Ingraham <ingraham@wrksys.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Sun Jun 15 1997 - 14:44:15 PDT

> > Thirdly, how are analog I/O pins treated in IBIS and s2ibis2? How would
> > I setup an analog I/O pin in s2ibis2 and IBIS?
>
> Scope of IBIS is restricted to analog behaviour of Digital ICS.
> I am not sure what you really mean by analog I/O pin ?.

On a mixed-signal IC, analog pins would not have models in the IBIS
file.

It seems like one might use "NA" as the model_name under the [Pin]
keyword, to signify that these pins have no available IBIS data.
However, that is not allowed. Instead, use "NC". Technically
incorrect, but it tells the IBIS parser to skip those pins.

[Pin] signal_name model_name R_pin L_pin C_pin

  1 RAS0# Buffer1 200.0m 5.0nH 2.0pF
  2 RAS1# Buffer2 209.0m NA 2.5pF
  3 Analog_out NC

Andy Ingraham