RE:analog pins in IBIS - request for clarification

From: Roland Chang <roland_chang@pmc-sierra.bc.ca>
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 14:08:51 PDT

As I understand it, I should put "NC" as the model name in the [Pin]
section for analog pins, but I have a few follow-up questions as well
that I hope people can answer for me.

What is the difference between including the analog pin under the [Pin]
keyword, and then putting "NC" beside it,
versus omitting the pin altogether?

Also, if I specify an analog pin in the [Pin] section with "NC" what
should I put in the [Pin Mapping] section for that pin? (Incidentally,
I know which power buses power up the analog pins) For example, say I
knew that pins 5 and 9 are analog power and ground for pin 10( which is
an analog pin), would it hurt to list pins 5 and 9 as the pullup and
pulldown reference for pin 10?

What if the analog pins that I am dealing with are a set of differential
pins (+) and (-) pair, do I include them in the [Diff Pin] section as
well? even though they have no vdiff specification? and have "NC" as
their model in the [Pin] section?

Finally, this may be a really stupid question, but I feel that I don't
quite understand why IBIS doesn't handle analog pins. Could someone
please enlighten me on this matter?

Again, your help is much appreciated,

Roland Chang

Roland Chang ext. 2647