s2ibis error

From: Weston Beal <beal@galois.eng.hou.compaq.com>
Date: Fri Mar 21 1997 - 07:41:00 PST

Someone had a problem with S2IBIS a couple of days ago. I extracted
the mail message and hastily chopped off the header in order to run
the spice file include, so I don't know who sent it. Anyway, the
problem was rather simple. The circuit doesn't converge at -3.3V.
Just decrease the DC sweep to -1.5V to 5.0V and the circuit runs under
HSPICE 96.1. This doesn't go to the limits that IBIS asks for, but on
the other hand, the current at 5.0V is already 1.936e+11A. The model
isn't well defined outside it's normal operating range. Sometimes we
take whatever we can get, eh.

Later,

--
Weston Beal                Signal Integrity Engineer
beal@twisto.compaq.com     beal@bangate.compaq.com