Questions re: [Rising Waveform], [Falling Waveform]

From: <jerry.isaac@amd.com>
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 16:00:49 PDT

Hello, I'm seeking some advice about the subject keywords. I have included
them in a model I've developed for a customer (since the drivers I'm modeling
do have slew rate control), but I'm not entirely sure how simulators use
the V/T tables versus using the [Ramp] data. In particular, I have the
following questions:

1) What xxx_fixture values should I specify for my SPICE simulations (and
hence place into the IBIS model)?

2) Should the xxx_fixture values vary for each customer based on their
application?

3) What would happen (in other words, what would a simulator do?) if the
V/T tables use a different loading assumption than the assumptions used
to produce the dV/dt_r and dV/dt_f values? (a response that this is not
appropriate for an IBIS model would be acceptable to me).

4) Would the simulations be any less accurate if I simply didn't include
the V/T tables?

Any light shed on this topic (or a reference to an explanation) would
be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Jerry Isaac