Re:

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Fri May 30 1997 - 13:22:00 PDT

Text item:

Luke,

We do test our IBIS models. This is done by comparing the I-V curves with SPICE
simulated and/or lab measured curves. We also check the edge rate by comparing
the output waveform with SPICE and/or lab waveforms under the same loading
conditions.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation

Hi,

When IC vendors create IBIS models for their components, how do they
verify whether they are correct or not, compared to either the original
SPICE models or to physical measurement data? Do they actually do this
comparison? Is there a simulation methodology to do this comparison?

I am just a user of IBIS models and will never create them. So I am
mainly interested in knowing whether I can always (blindly) trust the
models I get from the vendor Web sites or directly from the vendors.

Thanks.

Luke Chang
Ascom Nexion, Inc.
Acton, MA