Re: typ outside min,max

From: Chris Rokusek <crokusek@qdt.com>
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 10:35:47 PST

Paul,

Without first de-referencing each Pullup/Pulldown and each Power
Clamp/GND Clamp from its "Reference voltage" and then summing them
together appropriately I don't think a check is possible. For example,
it is possible (although perhaps not desirable) that a max and min
Pullup curve use the same Voltage reference value (i.e. 5V) however the
zero current crossing point on the voltage axis when looking at the raw
curves (w/o de-referencing) differs by .5V. Or maybe the curves are
EXACTLY the same with just different reference voltages. A single
Pullup/Pulldown curve cannot be looked at in isolation unless the shunts
curve currents are 0.

Its also not clear to me that the shunt regions of the pullup/pulldown
will follow min < typ < max rule (even if absolute values are used)--SEE
YOUR EXAMPLE for voltages < 0v. I expect that after the shunts were
added back in to your example it might be somewhat clearer.

My first impulse is that even if the curves are added appropriately I
would expect many exceptions to occur--esp. near the 0-current crossing
points and in the shunt regions. Possible in the middle of the
operating range a single check might work most of the time.

Chris Rokusek
Viewlogic ADG