Re: IBIS tools

From: Raghu <raghu@apsimtech.com>
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 12:20:19 PDT

With all this talk about SPICE and IBIS, I felt compelled to say
something on this issue. We, at Applied Simulation, do use SPICE (in
particular ApsimSPICE) even for IBIS models. We have implemented special
implements in ApsimSPICE and our IBIS Translator translates an IBIS
model into equivalent SPICE models. The user is then free to add
whatever other SPICE elements (e.g a transistor described in BSIM3 v3.
model) he /she wants and do a combined simulation. This should be the
preferred approach as a pure IBIS simulator may be restricted in the
topologies it can handle. Also SPICE algorithms are well known and the
results are better understood.

Raj Raghuram
Applied Simulation Technology,
2188 Bering Drive,