Re: About WARNING of ibischk2

From: Syed Huq <huq@rockie.nsc.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 10:29:29 PDT

Hi,

I have been following this discussion regarding the parser WARNING
messages for V/T tables and have one comment.

>From a bench measured IBIS model, the DC V/I data is taken on
a testjig that is always different from the AC testjig. Also,
as expected, the DC and AC measurements are taken on different
equipments(DC on Curve Tracer, AC on Scope).

Knowing all these, the 2% WARNING on the parser does not make
much sense for V/T tables generated from measurements. Which
means you may be violating this 2% rule all the time.

This check of the parser is ok for a SPICE translated model as the
same model was used for the V/I and V/T data.

What I would like to know is since this is a WARNING and not an
ERROR, how concerned does the model developer need to be ??

Regards,
Syed
National Semiconductor Corp.