BIRD 53 clarification

From: Weston Beal <beal@lisbon.eng.hou.compaq.com>
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 09:16:00 PDT

I agree that it would be nice for an IBIS parser to recognize line
termination sequences from either Unix or DOS. The syntax for BIRD 53
is not completely accurate. The character "\n" is not ASCII. It is an
escape sequence used in programming languages. "\n" is just as valid in
DOS as in Unix. Just ask my C compiler or perl interpreter. Unix line
termination is ^J (0x0A) and DOS line termination is ^M^J (0x0D 0x0A).
The effect is the same, but the syntax is different.

Regards,
Weston Beal