Re: IBIS pin mapping questions

From: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 09:43:04 PST

Frank,

I have seen the same issues that you have outlined. Sometimes you get a model
where the [Pin] numbering do not match up with the Datasheet defined numbering.
The Datasheet may have used aplha numerics(eg, BGA pkg) while the [Pin]
columns used sequential numbers.

Unfortunately, I had to fix this myself. The problem goes back to the source
of the IBIS model. They need to be consistent with Datasheet naming convention.
In some cases, the model developer and the Si Manufacturer are two seperate
groups and that could lead to this problem.

It is best you bring this up with your model provider.

Regards,
Syed.
Cisco Systems, Inc