Bidirectional Pad with 5.0V tolerant input

From: David Makihara <David_Makihara@pmc-sierra.bc.ca>
Date: Fri Jun 12 1998 - 16:17:21 PDT

IBIS Users:

I had created an IBIS model for one of our devices that have 5 volt tolerant
I/O pads. This specific I/O pad is capable of driving to 3.3V but can
tolerate input voltages up to 5V. Voltage sweep ranges (ie. table entries)
are shown in 1) below.
I had also set "[Voltage Range] 3.300V 2.9700V 3.6300V"
for this specific pad. However, I'm concerned with using [Voltage Range] for
this pad and feel as though the "Reference" voltage parameters should be
used. However, I'm at a loss on how to use these "Reference" parameters
listed in 2) below.

1) Are the appropriate voltage sweep ranges appropriate?
        [GND_clamp] -5V -> 5V
        [POWER_clamp] -5V -> 0V
        [Pulldown] -5V -> 10V
        [Pullup] -5V -> 10V
2) What values should be applied to the following?
        [Pullup Reference]
        [Pulldown Reference]
        [POWER Clamp Reference]
        [GND Clamp Reference]