RE: Spice Model of IBIS

From: John Synesiou <jsynesio@us-power.com>
Date: Sat Mar 28 1998 - 16:12:58 PST

Thank you to all those people who responded to my last posting. I guess my
previous question wasn't very clear, and so I got the standard response that
SPICE is a functional simulator, not a behavioral simulator.

I wasn't proposing to use SPICE as a functional simulator, but rather I was
proposing to use SPICE as a behavioral simulator. If you construct a SPICE
model equivalent to IBIS 2.1 or 3 model, using tables in the same way IBIS
does, then SPICE can be used as a behavioral simulator.

Ian Dodd pointed out that the syntax used by various SPICE simulators for
behavioral simulation tends to be proprietary to each SPICE vendor. Is this
really the case?

If proprietary syntax is the problem, then why not propose a standard
behavioral syntax be added to SPICE?

Regards

John Synesiou jsynesio@us-power.com
U.S. Power, Inc Phone (612)826-1111
6497 City West Parkway Fax (612)826-1003
Eden Prairie Date: 03/28/98
MN, 55344 Time: 5:59 PM