Re: SPICE to IBIS

From: Matthew Flora <mbflora@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 02:42:15 PST

Dear Thang Tu,

>I have downloaded the SPICE-to-IBIS conversion files s2ibis2.tar.Z ,
>ans2ibis2_fix.tar.Z from the <eia.org/eig/ibis/tools.htm> website and tried
>to unzip the files, however it is giving me the following message...
>
>"The archive does not contain complete filename information, so WinZip cannot
>determine the full filename of the compressed file. Replace all or some of
>the suggested filename with the corrected name and press OK."

When I downloaded s2ibis2.tar.Z and s2ibis2_fix.tar.Z from
<http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/s2ibis/s2ibis2_v1.1/>, MS Internet Explorer 4.0
changed the names to s2ibis2_tar.Z and s2ibis2_fix_tar.Z, respectively (it replaced the first dot in each name with an underscore). Without the dot before the "tar", WinZIP is unaware that the files are compressed tar files.
I found that by simply renaming the files back to their original names, WinZIP
was able to decompress them correctly.

Regards,
Matthew Flora
IBIS Open Forum Secretary
(425) 869-2320 PH
(425) 881-1008 FAX
mbflora@hyperlynx.com
HyperLynx, 17641 NE 67th Court, Redmond, WA 98052 USA