question regarding the Ccomp parameter

From: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 16:11:15 PDT

Mr,

The purpose of this message is to try to get a good understanding of the
Ccomp parameter within an IBIS model. This Ccomp capacitance is
representing, if I have well understood, the die capacitance of the chip.
Anyway, this value is referenced to a certain ground. The aim of this
e-mail is to understand from which ground is it referred to ? Is it the
reference point of the measurement device (i.e. the same ground than the
package) or the chip substrate that is considered the reference point ?

I would really appreciate any help from you. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Julien Boullie

AEROSPATIALE
12, rue Pasteur BP 76