Re: Your Message Sent on Wed, 14 Oct 98 13:48:12 PDT

From: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 15:06:34 PDT

Sanjay,

You have asked the 'biggest' question of the day! I will take a quick shot at this.

s2ibis is a North Carolina State generated shareware that translates an SPICE
model into IBIS hence the name.

IBIS models are basically I/O Buffer information specification that contains V/I,
V/T and various types of data describing the turn on/off of the buffer stages of
most digital IC's(plus more). These models are not like a typical SPICE model.

Your best bet would be to go to the IBIS website at
http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm and read up on various helpful information.

Visit the Articles, FAQ, FREE Tools, Specs, Support sections etc

Best Regards,
Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc.

> Hi,
> I have recently joined IBIS work. I have a few querries.Could you please tell me
what is s2ibis , what it does. What are IBIS models.Are they in soice ? How are they
verified?