RE: driver strength

From: Hobbs, Will <will.hobbs@intel.com>
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 10:45:00 PDT

Jim,

I suspect you are looking for the simple scalar number like 24 mA buffer
that
you see in some data sheets. Unfortunately, this number doesn't mean much,
so
you should really get the models for the competetive buffers and compare I/V

curves.

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

Hello Jim:

   Well, you can certainly plot the I/V data, and from the plot
determine the buffers output impedance in the linear region. Is this
what you are looking for when you ask about 'evaluating a buffers
drive strength'?

           Regards,
           Stephen Peters
           Intel Corp.