Re: USB connector model

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 10:12:42 PDT

Wilco Hamhuis writes:
> I have two short questions: Is IBIS capable of describing a (coupled)
> connector? Are there IBIS USB connector models available? I am currently
> analysing a high speed board (app. 500 MHz) and I want to take the effect of
> connectors into account.

  There is an IBIS working group that has proposed an IBIS extension for
connectors that supports coupling, but it has not yet become
a part of the official standard. If you are interested, a copy of the
proposal is on the Hyperlynx website at www.hyperlynx.com. As for your
specific need, I am not aware of any IBIS USB connector models, but others
may know of some.

   Regards,
   Stephen Peters
   Intel Corp.