IBIS in simulation

From: Larry Forsythe <lforsyth@mail.teklogix.com>
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 10:08:32 PDT

I'm confused about how IBIS is used in actual simulations. I haven't seen
any articles about this (please indicate if there are some). What I'm
confused about is how can a few static I-V curves and some V-T curves done
at specific loads be used to simulate other loads. The I-V curves involve
fully on transistors. The V-T curves involve partially turned-on transistors
driving a specific load. Is it valid to scale the I-V curves using the V-T
curves in order to derive the response to driving other loads? Can the I-V
curves and V-T curves be used to determine the characteristics of a
partially turned on transistor driving a different load-I guess that is the
source of my confusion.

Please unconfuse me.

Thanks

Larry Forsythe