Re: LVDS IOs

From: D. C. Sessions <dc.sessions@vlsi.com>
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 09:04:40 PST

Karl.Schroedinger@infineon.com wrote:

> My question is:
> Does anybody work on newer type IO-IBIS-models, such as LVDS, SSTL2. I didn't found any of this types in the new Version 3.2.

SSTL-2 outputs are easy.

SSTL-2 inputs are fair, in that they are differential but not fully
characterizable for Hihac, Vihdc, etc. BIRD62 and BIRD63 are intended
to address this. Perhaps you'd like to help get them moving?

In contrast, LVDS inputs are pretty straightforward differential inputs
(although BIRD61 type timing characterization is needed for high speed use)
and the outputs are a bit messy given the common-mode feedback and IBIS'
lack of true-differential output modeling.

--
D. C. Sessions
dc.sessions@vlsi.com