RE: A couple questions regarding generating the IBIS Models

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi@intel.com>
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 12:18:00 PST

My responses are after your questions.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
=

    As a beginner in IBIS Modelling, I have the following the questions:

i) What is the exact definition of C_comp? Does the C_comp include Pad
Capacitance or is it just the capacitance of the buffer on the silicon
after the pad?

It should include everything that you would see if you looked into the die
at
the pad. That is C_pad, C_metal, C_tranistor, etc.

ii) How can I generate for a buffer different IBIS Models if the buffer
has different modes like; Power Down, Normal Operation or Clock Stop?

Use the [Model Selector] keyword and list all models that can be used on a
pin
in it.

iii) How can I generate for a buffer which has a differential input and
differential output?

Use the [Diff Pin] keyword to associate two otherwise independent models as
differential.

Best Regards,

Omer Orberk