Re: accuracy BIRD

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 09:54:07 PST

Hello Syed, Greg:

  Sorry for the delayed response -- I was out of the office back week and
am just now getting back to my mail. To elaborate: I was trying to make
a distinction between at V/T table that is created by an output driving a
pure, non-reactive impedance, and a V/T table created with the output driving
a more complex load. The *former* V/T table contains the data the simulator
needs/uses when building the output model. Specifically, it describes how
the pullup and pulldown transistor turn on/off, and does not -- indeed, should
not -- contain any extra time constants due to reactive elements. In the
latter case (complex, reactive impedences) the inclusion of these waveforms
is a check. Given the model that was build with the first V/T tables, the
question is can the simulator produce the waveform of the second case.

Hope this helps clarify things.

 Regards,
 Stephen Peters
 Intel Corp.