ecl

From: <nikolai@avanticorp.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 16:41:20 PST

Hi IbiS Gurus

I am wondering if anybody can point me at a site(s) where I can
find ibis files with ECL models of all 4 ECL types.

If there is an expert in ECL-syntax could you please spend a minute
looking at this:

this is legal:
--------------
|Variable typ min max
[Voltage Range] 0.0 0.0 0.0
[Pulldown Reference] 0.0 0.0 0.0
[Power Clamp Reference] 0.0 0.0 0.0
[GND Clamp Reference] -3.3 -3.0 -3.8

this is legal:
--------------
|Variable typ min max
[Voltage Range] 3.3 3.0 3.8
[Pulldown Reference] 3.3 3.0 3.8
[Power Clamp Reference] 3.3 3.0 3.8
[Gnd Clamp Reference] 0.0 0.0 0.0

howabout this?
-------------
|Variable typ min max
[Voltage Range] 3.3 3.0 3.8
[Pullup Reference] 3.3 3.0 3.8
[Power Clamp Reference] 3.3 3.0 3.8
[Gnd Clamp Reference] 0.0 0.0 0.0

I changed [Pulldown Reference] -> [Pullup Reference],
[Pulldown Reference] is omitted, so it defaults to zero.

ibischk3 does not complain, no warnings, no errors

what specs say:
| When tabulating data for ECL models, the data in the
| [Pulldown] table is measured with the output in the 'logic
| low' state. In other words, the data in the table represents
| the V/I characteristics of the output when the output is at
| the most negative of its two logic levels. Likewise, the data
| in the [Pullup] table is measured with the output in the
| 'logic one' state and represents the V/I characteristics when
| the output is at the most positive logic level. Note that in
| BOTH of these cases, the data is referenced to the Vcc supply
| voltage, using the equation: Vtable = Vcc - Voutput.

It's ambiguous, because we have [Pullup Reference], [Pulldown Reference], [Voltage Range]
but not Vcc

If my example is legal, there is no use for [Pulldown Reference], and it should be
always discarded. If my example is illegal, then specs and parser should
be corrected.

Any comments?

Thanks a lot

Nik