duplicate models in a Driver Schedule

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@cadence.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 05:23:28 PST

It is not clear to me whether or not model names that appear in the
[Driver Schedule] section of an IBIS file must be unique. In the IBIS
spec example, a different model name is used on each line. But the
description text does not require that they must be unique.

So my question is, could a [Driver Schedule] section legally use
the same model name twice? Something like this:

[Driver Schedule]
| Model_name Rise_on_dly Rise_off_dly Fall_on_dly Fall_off_dly
  MODEL_OUT 0.0ns NA 0.0ns NA
  MODEL_OUT 0.5ns NA 0.5ns NA

In other words, what if both stages turn on/off at different times,
but are otherwise identical?

Mike LaBonte

P.S. Here is the ver_3.0.ibs example, for reference:

[Driver Schedule]
| Model_name Rise_on_dly Rise_off_dly Fall_on_dly Fall_off_dly
  MODEL_OUT 0.0ns NA 0.0ns NA

| Examples of added multi-staged transitions
  M_O_SOURCE1 0.5ns NA 0.5ns NA
| low (high-Z) to high high to low (high-Z)
  M_O_SOURCE2 0.5n 1.5n NA NA
| low to high to low low (high-Z)
  M_O_DRAIN1 1.0n NA 1.5n NA
| low to high (high-Z) high (high-Z) to low
  M_O_DRAIN2 NA NA 1.5n 2.0n
| high (high-Z) high to low to high
| Bus-hold stage
  M_O_DRAIN3 NA 1.0n NA 0.5n