Re: For ecl- buffers experts

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 16:49:28 PST

> To ecl- buffers experts:
>
> For ecl buffers, can we have an ibis file with
> 2 rising and 2 falling waveforms (RWF/FWF) ?
>
> I would answer, why not?

  And I would reply, what's the point? An ECL output is not a totem-pole
(pullup/pulldown) structure. The two waveform approach is designed
specifically to isolate a pullup xsistors characteristics from a
pulldown xsistor characteristics, as well as determine the amount of time
between one turning off and the other turning on. This simply just
doesn't apply to the open-emitter output of an ECL device.

   Regards,
   Stephen Peters
   Intel Corp.