IBIS from HSPICE models using s2ibis2

From: Kim Helliwell <khelliwe@acuson.com>
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 16:08:05 PDT

I have 2 questions about the process of creating an
IBIS model from an HSPICE model using s2ibis2:

1. The HSPICE model I have uses different libraries to model
   effects of process variations. As far as I can
   tell, s2ibis2 does not make it possible to switch
   libraries when sweeping through the "min, typ, max"
   sequence. s2ibis2 appears to only vary supply
   voltage and temperature to obtain the min, typ
   and max curves, implying that one must run s2ibis2
   3 times and pick the correct voltage/temp variations
   from each run to put together the full set with
   process variations included. Do I have this right?

2. The HSPICE model I have also includes package parasitics.
   Would I have to remove these for the s2ibis2 run and
   add them in by hand? Otherwise, I would assume that they
   would affect the rising and falling curves and would
   therefore implicitly be included.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

--
Kim Helliwell