FW: Diode Modeling in SPICE

From: Lynne Green <green@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 12:03:51 PDT

Silvia -

Diode models are notoriously poor at covering both forward and reverse
directions.

Main things to play with are series resistance RS and breakdown
characteristics (BV and IKV). Tune RS to get a better fit in the forward
direction. Then the breakdown characteristics can be tuned to get a
better fit in the reverse direction.

If the diode goes into forward punchthrough (junction reaches entirely through
a bulk layer), you may need to do more than this. That doesn't sound likely
here.

Lynne Green
HyperLynx

-----FW: <D03DC0494403D1118AB500A02461E687019E2004@sv-msg-01.amer.actel.c-----