IBIS Bird 64 - Package Model Selector suggested changes

From: Scott McMorrow <scott@vasthorizons.com>
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 21:52:18 PST

All,

SiQual would like to suggest that we add min, typ and
max columns to the Bird 64 - Package Model Selector.
This will allow a simple mechanism for defining
multiple package corners that are logically associated
with a particular package type.

A simulator would select a package type using the
Package Type column.

A simulator would select a package corner using
the Typ, Min and Max columns.

These selections can be made independently within
the simulator in order to "sweep" the entire design
space.

See below.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow
Principal Engineer

[Package Model Selector]

| Package Type                      typ                      min                               max

 Documentation of 208-BGA package model typ, min and max corner extractions.
|208-BGA-pkg-single      BGA  - Single switched line equivalent package
|                                                       All other lines quiescent
|208-BGA-pkg-odd        BGA  - Odd mode single line equivalent package
|208-BGA-pkg-even      BGA  - Even mode single line equivalent package

208-BGA             208-BGA-pkg-single    208-BGA-pkg-odd    208-BGA-pkg-even

|Documentation of 208-PQFP package model typ, min and max corner extractions.
|208-PQFP-pkg-single  PQFP - Single switched line equivalent package
|                                                       All other lines quiescent
|208-PQFP-pkg-odd     PQFP - Odd mode single line equivalent package
|208-PQFP-pkg-even    PQFP - Even mode single line equivalent package

208-PQFP           208-PQFP-pkg-single    208-PQFP-pkg-odd    208-PQFP-pkg-even