RE: IBIS MOdel Question

From: tomda <tom_dagostino@mentorg.com>
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 11:10:57 PDT

There is one sanity check that I would like to see done on all models
produced from SPICE data. I have seen too many models that are constructed
correctly fail this check.

Check to make sure the IV characteristics derived from SPICE match the IV
characteristics of real parts. The easiest was to do this is to put one of
the buffers from each strength into both its high and low states. Us a DC
current meter and measure the output current to ground for the high state
and to Vcc for the low state. Then check to see if the measured current
falls between the min and max values at the corresponding points on the IV
curves.

Tom Dagostino