waveform correlation calculator

From: Gregory R Edlund <gedlund@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 06:41:18 PST

I have written a C program that is useful for overlaying two waveforms and
quantifying the differences between them. The program reads two ASCII x-y
data files, slides the waveforms along the time axis until they overlay,
then examines the absolute and relative differences between each data
point. This is pretty useful when doing I/O buffer model development work
or any simulation vs. lab correlation.

You can get a copy of the C code along with a user guide on the IBIS web
site.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/accuracy/

The files are ack.zip and ack.tar.Z. Instructions for compiling are in the
readme.txt file. Don't worry about the disclaimer; I got approval from
IBM's lawyers to distribute this source code as freeware. Hack to your
heart's content.

I tested the code when I wrote the I/O buffer accuracy report on the same
web site. It worked fine for me, but that's not to say you won't find some
pathological cases that I haven't stumbled upon yet. If you do, please let
me know so I can improve the algorithm.

Merry Christmas.

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer