RE: C_comp confusion

From: Dunbar, Tony <Tony_Dunbar@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 20:23:48 PST

Steve,

I think you are, perhaps, being misled by a mistake or a misinterpretation
on the part of the developer of the example IBIS file you refer to.

It is normal, in my experience, that the C_comp parameter arguments should
be listed in the order of the actual capacitance value to match typ, min,
max. This is how it is in your original C_comp line in your example lines
below.

How each is used should be set by functionality in the simulation tool that
you use when it comes to defining "Corners" and "Corner Cases". For example,
a certain corner will be defined to use "min C_comp" or "max C_comp", as
appropriate.

The one parameter that does follow your reasoning (which, by the way, is
entirely plausible - but this is a spec we are dealing with!) is
[Temperature Range]. This is refelected in your example lines. The arguments
to this parameter are intended to reflect the value which gives rise to the
fastest/slowest, strongest/weakest characteristics in the V/I and V/T tables
which follow in the [Model] description.

Best regards,
Tony Dunbar
tony_dunbar@mentor.com <mailto:tony_dunbar@mentor.com>