Support of IBIS and IMIC

From: Michael Kurten <kurten@pb.izm.fhg.de>
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 23:02:15 PST

Hello,

my research institute is interested in describing SSN and EMI effects using
IBIS or IMIC. In the last time I've searched a lot through the WWW and I found
a lot regarding the state of the art of IBIS and IMIC. But regarding the
support, and the future trends of these two languages I couldn't find
satisfactory answers. Because of this I want to ask some questions about IBIS
and IMIC.

Basically I'm interested in:

1. What simulators actually support IBIS V3.2? Do they support all features?
   Do they support IBIS direct or via a conversion tool?
2. Are there simulators supporting IMIC except those from Apsim?
3. Do chip vendors provide IMIC models or are they thinking about providing
   IMIC models?
4. What do you think about the future direction. Will IMIC become more
   important in the future or will IBIS introduce features of IMIC? This
   question is in regard to the possibilities of SSN and EMI simulation
   using IBIS and IMIC.

All kind of help is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance

--
Michael Kurten
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft