Re: Subtracting clamp curves from pull-up/down curves

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@cadence.com>
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 05:27:50 PDT

Stephen,

Arpad's reply indicates that both clamp curves are indeed subtracted
to produce pullup and pulldown curves. I can verify the other side of
your question; that simulators (at least Cadence SPECCTRAQuest)
re-combine the curves as follows:

   low state: pulldown + powerclamp + groundclamp
  high state: pullup + powerclamp + groundclamp

So the clamps are never disabled (unless Submodel is used).

Mike LaBonte
Cadence