Re: Subtracting clamp curves from pull-up/down curves

From: Ian Dodd <idodd@cadence.com>
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 08:07:31 PDT

Bob,

I think there are two obvious reasons for keeping the clamps separate:

1. It was intended that models be usable for a range of supply voltages
with the pull-up and power clamps tracking with the supply voltage
and the pull-down and ground clamps tracking with the ground rail.
This was also the rational for referencing the former to the supply voltage.

2. Separating the clamps from the pull-up/down allows modeling of
high/low/tristate
for devices that support these modes.

Recent feedback has indicated that the characteristics of many devices change
markedly with supply voltage, so using an IBIS model for a supply voltage
other than at which it was designed, can give inaccurate results

Ian Dodd
Cadence Design Systems