Re: Questions about Submodels

From: Stephen Nolan <s-nolan1@ti.com>
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 20:23:49 PDT

So regarding data extraction, are the following statements correct?

To get the clamp curves of the top-level model, the bus-hold
feedback has to be removed from the input.

Then in the submodel:

For V_trigger:
 With the bus-hold output connected to the input, sweep the
 input voltage from low-to-high, and then from high to low and
 monitor the current at the voltage source. Where the bi-stable
 flip-flop (bus-hold circuit) transitions from opposing current
 to aiding current (passes through zero) is the V_trigger point.

For Pulldown:
 With the bus-hold output disconnected from the input,
 hold the input low, so that the bus-hold output node is low,
 and sweep the V/I curve of the bus-hold output.
 Or alternatively, you may be able to hold the input of the
 bus-hold driver high (inverter) and the bus-hold output will
 go low. Then sweep the output VI curve.

For Pullup:
 With the bus-hold output disconnected from the input,
 hold the input high, so that the bus-hold output node is high,
 and sweep the V/I curve of the bus-hold output.
 Or alternatively, you may be able to hold the input of the
 bus-hold driver low (inverter) and the bus-hold output will
 go high. Then sweep the output VI curve.

For Ramp:
 With the bus-hold output disconnected from the input,
 and a load capacitance connected to the output of the bus-hold
 to simulate the load of the input, ramp the input to read the
 dV/dt output edge-rates at the output of the bus-hold.
 Or alternatively, you could leave the bus-hold all hooked up and
 provide the input stimulus at the input of the bus-hold driver stage.

For reference, assuming a buffer device ('244) with bus hold, the input stage
looks like this:

       Bus-hold output /|
               | \ | |
               | \| |