RE: Subtracting clamp curves from pull-up/down curves

From: Ingraham, Andrew <Andrew.Ingraham@compaq.com>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 09:21:43 PDT

Yesterday, I wrote:

>OTOH, I doubt it hurts to smooth out (not LEAVE out!) those points, as long
>as they really are "noise" and insignificant compared to the stronger clamp
>current.

This was poorly worded. What I meant to say, was that it is better to
smooth the points (for example by eliminating intermediate, noisy points),
rather than TRUNCATING them. Don't throw all of them away; keep at least
the one on the end so that the simulator isn't left having to extrapolate
(the results of which are simulator-dependent).

Andy