Initial Help

From: Gaurang Shah <gaurang.shah@icube.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 12:32:15 PST

Hello,

I am currently initiating IBIS model development here and I need a couple
of clarifications.

1) Which version of model should I be developing?? Seems like Version 2.1
seems to be the most commonly used models. Are most people developing in
2.1 or customers demand version 3.1 and higher?

2) I plan to use the SPICE2IBIS utility, but it appears that shareware from
North Carolina State University generate 2.1 models only. Are there free
tools available for higher version models or does one have to buy
commercial tools?? If latter is the case what is the cost of them and who
are the vendors??

Please help.

--Thanks

--Gaurang