Re: Initial Help

From: Kellee Crisafulli <kellee@nwlink.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 16:18:54 PST

Most simulators and development tools support Version 2.1 IBIS models.
Tools and simulators in general support portions of the new version 3.2
features.
Not all version 3.2 features are supported by all tools and the current
release of the Spice2Ibis only outputs Version 2.1.

I recommend you continue to create version 2.1 models unless you need
the extra features provided by 3.2 If you do then by all means create a
version 3.2
model. In general most simulators will support the version number being 3.2
even if you are only using the version 2.1 feature set so you could choose
to always make version 3.2 models. I don't know this for a fact so if you
want
your models to run on the most simulators possible than build v2.1 models
when possible.

my 2 cents worth...
Kellee