RE: LVDS receivers with internal termination

From: John D. Allen <jallen@IronBridgeNetworks.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 15:33:09 PST

FYI: I know of two large companies that simulated entire boards with
thousands of nets with HSpice in order to get the accuracy that was needed.
In at least one of the cases, we built pre and post processor software to
generate the HSpice inputs with multiple VTT and Zo and Rt etc. and to sort
through the outputs to find potential violations. This was in 1991.

The board took from Friday PM until Monday to run. (On a Sun3 I think).

Regards, John Allen

John Allen  Sr. Consulting Engineer   jallen@IronBridgeNetworks.com
<mailto:jallen@IronBridgeNetworks.com>
IronBridge Networks / 55 Hayden Avenue / Lexington MA  02421 / USA