Re: Why no variable Vref in 3.2?

From: <atd@table.jps.net>
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 15:15:16 PST

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Mirmak, Michael wrote:
> 2) I believe that a BIRD was proposed some time ago which added Vref, as
> well as Cref and Rref, to the [Model Spec] keyword. The BIRD was not
> approved. What was the reasoning behind keeping Vref, Cref and Rref out of
> [Model Spec]?

I was not involved in that decision but ....

One of the problems we are facing with the growing ibis standard is
consistency. Originally, there were some parameters, then [Model Spec]
was added. Some parameters under it are new. Some are repackaging of
some original parameters, with min and max added. Now, we have some
twice.

Why can't they all have typ,min,max? Just extend it on the same line
where it is. Since we have [Model Spec], why not move them all there? and
obsolete the ones not under [Model Spec]? Why do we need the duplication?

If all parameters were handled consistently, that would make it easier for
everyone, even if some of them have no real use.