RE: Differential pins in IBIS

From: Weston Beal <weston_beal@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 09:50:15 PST

Stephen,

Although this receiver is implemented as a differential receiver, from the
outside it looks more like a single ended receiver because the system really
only feeds in one data signal. Vref is held constant at 1.25V. You can
simply use the parameters Vinl and Vinh to specify the thresholds Vref -
350mV (0.9V) and Vref + 350mv (1.6V).

Now, since Vref should follow Vcc, it changes for min and max cases. For
this we use Vinl and Vinh under the [Model_Spec] keyword. They work the
same but now have typ, min, and max values.

The IBIS committee is still working on the AC thresholds vs. DC thresholds
problem.

Regards,
Weston