meaning and value of C_comp

From: Weston Beal <weston_beal@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 12:19:57 PST

Dear IC experts,

I've been working a problem that might involve the C_comp parameter in an
IBIS file. In discussion with others, I find some difference of opinion.
the IBIS spec says that C_comp represents the capacitance on the die. I
understand this to be the bond pad, clamp diode reverse bias capacitance,
and final stage transistor channel capacitance. What other effects are
important contributors to C_comp? I suspect that the bond pad is the
dominant factor in todays technology. Is that correct? What are typical
values for the components I've listed?

I appreciate your insight on this matter.

Regards,
Weston